Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Week 14 Online Social Strategy

After reviewing all the different types of of social media platforms we learned about the is semester I believe I could integrate all of them in our marketing strategy.  The ones I have enjoyed the most are Facebook, Constant Contact, and Instagram.  I really also liked many of the Google applications that I was not familiar with such as Google maps, and Google +  (hangouts, circles). The ones that would work best on a daily pattern in my business would be Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram due to my audience and who I am trying to reach. The ones I could still use effectively but on a less frequent schedule would probably be Constant Contact and Blogging.

I believe my type of business should spend as much time as possible on social media marketing.  Currently I spend only about 1 hour per week.  After this class I plan to try to implement at least 3 hours per week if time allows.

Over the next six months I will start a Constant Contact account and try to send a bi-monthly newsletter to my students and a monthly newsletter to our agents.  I also plan to set up for future posts on Facebook that I learned to do it this class so I can do a bunch of posts at once and set them to post once a day or week.  I plan to work more actively with google+ and twitter because I believe I can engage my current students in the google hangouts and I feel by not using twitter until up to know we have missed a certain market niche.
I also now have a business Instagram account I plan to utilize with my current ELI students and link to our various websites. I would like to start a blog but that currently is going to have to wait a month or two.  I am hoping to have some of our current students help with the blog for extra credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment