Thursday, October 17, 2013

Visual Networks- Week 7

Visual Networks
Yes, I believe visual networks are right for certain aspects of my business.  I currently don’t use them very much, but after reviewing the lecture and watching the segments on Pinterest, YouTube , Instagram, and Tumblr. I do feel they would strengthen my marketing plan.
YouTube: Allows people and businesses to post videos.  Examples, can be “how to” videos for companies, or videos showcasing products.
Instagram: Is somewhat flat and more of a “one-way” experience.  You can post pictures and now very short video clips but that is about it and it is not very engaging and is somewhat contained.  It really doesn’t promote further connections. I believe Instagram is better suited for personal use than for my type of business, unless I am just wanting to show pictures of our students having fun!
Pinterest: Is like a collection of lots of pictures, ideas, quotes, etc.  It is like a digital scrapbook.  I personally love Pinterest but I am having a hard time trying to connect it to how I could market my type of business with it.
Tumblr: Here is a good description I found about Tumblr.  I was most unfamiliar with this visual network.

“It generates multiple points of engagement. For one, it supports a variety of digital assets – photos, videos, links, quotes, and audio. Secondly, it promotes connections and explorations by building internal Tumblr social relationships, but also sending you out to the WWW to dig deeper. It’s cross platform – smart and simple on mobile, beautiful on tablet, and a real time suck on a laptop.  And it’s also democratic in its support of other platforms – Flickr, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, and Spotify to name a few. It’s the part social fluff we love, but can also provide some real meaning. Tumblr plays into our need to quickly publish but gives more options than Instagram and can educate, engage and enable deeper connections. It’s an app that integrates seamlessly with the open world of web – and synthesizes almost all of our favorite platforms.”


YouTube, Tumblr and Instagram would best suit my business.  I have created videos and testimonials of students using YouTube.  I have not yet started working with Instagram or Tumblr but in the next lesson I will be creating a business account for those to visual networks.  Let's see how they work!

No comments:

Post a Comment