Thursday, September 12, 2013

Recently I had a hard time contacting a company called Chicago Skates. I wanted to buy my six year old daughter a pair of roller skates from her birthday. I went on several websites such as Amazon to look for types and read reviews. I finally picked out the perfect skates. I decided to order them through Amazon since when I goggled their company website, I found their website was hard to navigate, I couldn't find the exact skates I wanted and the phone number on their site was no longer working. I also tried to see if they had a Facebook page, and they did not. The trouble I was having was trying to determine the size I needed to order for her. Since children’s shoe sizes are completely complicated and some brands run large I had no idea what to order. I read tons of reviews on Amazon about the sizes and still couldn't figure out how the sizing for roller skates worked. I was unable to contact the maker so I decided to ask in the comment section on Amazon. After two days with no response, I decide to make my best guess as I needed the skates in time for her birthday. Unfortunately, when the skates arrived the following week, they were too big! I was so frustrated! I had to spend extra money to send the skates back with expedited shipping costs to get the new ones in time. If the company would have had a social media website or a working phone number the problem could have been answered very promptly. Below is a picture of my little “Roller Girl”.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori,

    Sounds like a crappy ordeal. I'm not sure if a social media page would help in this situation. I suppose it would depend on the dedication of the person in charge of the page. Like the book says, social media cannot make up for a bad product, company, or organization.

    Unfortunately, poor customer service within a company will undoubtedly be displayed through the social media outlet as well. Maybe I'm being cynical and pessimistic, but that's my opinion.

    It's too bad you went through this, but as a parent, I'm sure it was all worth it when she opened the gift and you saw that look of sheer joy in her eyes, am I right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nice thing about a company with good social media skills, is the ease in getting a question answered. Usually when people ask things on a site, the response is quick because it's public, and then their image is at a stake. Of course if they are NOT doing a good job, the question can just sit there, even worse...

      Delete