Friday, November 1, 2013

Week 9 Cont. Categories

Some types of categories I thought about using when I start a blog for my English Language Institute might include:

1. Student Learning and Resources- A blog where students can find resources to different types of online documents, ESL support, teaching materials, online practice materials

2. Teacher Corner- A blog each week from a different instructor.

3. Director's Corner- Blogs about TOEFL tests, student ID cards, events on campus, international student hot topics, visas, counseling, etc.

4. Former ELI Student Blog- Former students blog about what they learned at ELI, tips for new students, teacher recommendations, fun things to do while attending ELI

5. Current Student Blog- talk about upcoming weekly events, homework, study groups, networking, class assignments


I commented on Kyle's blog as of today I was unable to find any others to comment on yet.  Many not finished with this assignment yet.  Will try back on Sunday when it is due.

2 comments:

  1. Lauri,
    The English language institute categories you have identified are really cool. I would say that these categories will really help you in getting more business as you have separated the markets and customer base very differently which is completely customer focused. I think you can also market your products for different types of customers based on these categories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lauri,
    I am not your target audience, we'll start with that.
    BUT, I am curious to know that if I were to go to Teachers Corner- is it geared for students to read these blogs by different instructors OR for Instructors to read & learn from other Instructor's posts?

    ReplyDelete